Wednesday, October 13, 2010

How Does Your Love Song Go?

Here is a cute ad for Match.com:


It got me thinking, what would I sing? It's appropriate for a dating site where you only get 100 words, or 500 characters,  or whatever, to define yourself. What would you say?

I challenge you to rewrite this tune about yourself. I'll do one too. Use both verses: the first can focus on one aspect, with details; the next verse should be three separate items. Try to keep it positive.

Here's the line breakdown:

5 syllables  (I like old movies)
5 syllables  (Like Godfather III)
8 syllables  (It's not considered the best one)
But that's just me.

6 syllables  (I'm somewhat impulsive)
5 syllables  (I laugh in my sleep)
8 syllables  (I don't wear make up on weekends)
But that's just me

Source: Metal Potential 

1 comment:

  1. Got it (for now). I keep singing this with everyday parts of my conversation now. Oops.

    I like the springtime.
    Love to run in the rain,
    Except not when it's sleeting.
    But that's just me.

    I'm kind of a tomboy.
    I drink soup (cold) from the can.
    I can't watch scary movies.
    But that's just me...

    ReplyDelete