Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Scary Swimming Drill

I've been trying to swim more recently, if only to prevent drowning the next time I'm near an ocean. One of the most difficult parts of swimming is running out of air, so I've been doing the sidekick drill to help me get the hang of timing my breathing without sinking at the same time. The next drill will be the Shark Fin Drill Drill, which also helps with balance. What I like about this instruction page is the third step:

Pause when your hand reaches the bottom of your rib cage. Now your elbow is sticking in the air at an acute angle like a shark fin. Take a moment to enjoy how scary you probably look before “zipping” back down, sliding your hand back to your hip.
Awesome. Can't wait to give it a try. Watch out though, I'll be pretty scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment