Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Disco Ergo Sum

My friend pointed out that I hadn't updated my Disco Ego Sum blog recently, but the only thing that I am learning on a daily basis these days is that people really suck sometimes and anyone who wants to can make awesome mustard using the following recipe:

1 cup cider vinegar (maybe less)
1/2 cup dry mustard
1/4 cup yellow mustard seeds
2 cloves garlic, minced (maybe more)
2 tablespoons prepared white horseradish, drained
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon packed light-brown sugar

I used yellow mustard powder and seeds, but will probably mix it up in the next batch. I also skipped the food processor step, but will likely grind up some seeds with a coffee tamper and a ceramic bowl.

Direcciones: In large jar, combine all ingredients and shake well. Cover and refrigerate 48 hours. In food processor, process mixture until smooth, about 2 minutes. Divide among a few sterilized mason jars. Seal jars and store in cool, dark place for 2 weeks before opening. (Mustard can be eaten immediately, but flavors will not have had a chance to meld.)

Tasty with Tuna.


No comments:

Post a Comment